Lytras Nikolaos (1883-1927)
Specialized in portraits, still-life and landscapes.
- Taught by his father,Nikiforos Lytras, and also by Jacobides and later with von Löfftz in Münich.
- Eventually influenced by the expressionist group Der Blaue Reiter, he is the artist who introduced expressionism to Greece, although some suggest his work is closer to post-impressionist artists such as Cézanne.
- Illustrated the fame book Παραμύθι χωρίς όνομα (A Tale with No Name), by Penelope Delta. The illustrations have been reproduced in subsequent editions.
- Was elected director of the Athens School of Fine Arts in 1923, in spite of the fact his father had been a major representative of the Munich School. By then, this was no longer the artistic establishment.
- His works are displayed in the National Art Gallery and elsewhere.